Wedding and Party Details
We often get asked the same sort of questions, so these details may help your planning!
- The hire is for the use of the Hall, with associated servery area and 2 WCs, access via garden door, the gardens around the Hall, and the Games Room prep area.
- The hire does not include catering, although we are happy to recommend suitable outside caterers.
- We have a 10mx5m marquee that can be hired, or pitching of your own marquees is by arrangement; small gazebos are free, your own marquee will incur a pitching fee.
- For wedding receptions, your hire includes a prep day all day the day before, till 11pm on the day of the event and a clear up morning till 10am the following day.
- For noise hygiene purposes, sound must reduce by 11pm at the latest so that it can't be heard outside the Hall. Quiet music and talking is fine, but there is a midnight quarantine, by which time guests must have left & the Hall can be locked. A late charge of £100 is charged after midnight, and then again at 00.30am, sorry!
- Rubbish should be taken with you. Anything left is liable to Devon re-cycling inspection.
- Please feel free to remove or add any tables/ chairs/ equipment to/ from Barn store with care; set-up and returning the Hall to the state you found it in is your responsibility. We have 15 trestle tables (6' x 2'6", seats upto 8), 10 round tables (5'6", seats 8), and 97 stack-able wedding chairs and 8 red velvet armchairs. The Hall is 44ft by 20ft (13m x 6m).
- Most crockery is in the dresser under the Minstrels' Gallery. Cutlery will be in the Servery (area with sink next to WCs). Wine glasses can be made available, but most guests use free supermarket hire to ensure numbers etc.
- There is a PA system with mic and music i/p that can be used by arrangement. Also a video projector and screen.
- Linen hire: White spandex chair covers at £1 each, White table clothes at £8 each (trestle), £13 (round).
- We ask guests to park in the gravelled area rather than the grass. Careful parking allows about 40 cars, more if some cars are "boxed in". Cars may be left overnight.
- Accommodation is by arrangement. We MAY have our holiday cottage available for 2 (+2 on small sofa bed) at £100 per night, but in the high season this is normally let by the week. There may also be basic accommodation in the unmodernised barn bunkouse.
- A £250 deposit (weddings) and £150 (single evening events) secures the date and will be returned AFTER the event in the unlikely event that there has been breakages or extra cleaning needed. Full payment is due before the event.